This division is responsible for the care and general management of all department records, regardless of their physical location or format. This division is also responsible for the department’s communications requirements; that is, telephone, teletype, paging, fax, and computer systems necessary to effectively carry out police services.


Mount Vernon Police Records Division is within the department’s Services Bureau and currently has a staff of eight – five records specialists, one property custodian, one receptionist, and one records manager.

Our staff makes every effort to answer questions and handle requests by our citizens, and, at the very least, will try to direct the citizen to someone who is able to take any necessary action.

Our Mission

To consistently seek and find ways to affirmatively provide police support services in a way that creates a feeling of satisfaction, trust and open communication between the Services Bureau, citizens and the Department.

Criminal Records Division

  • National, State, and Local Criminal Data Banks
  • Archives
  • Statistics


The Mount Vernon Police Records Division provides support to the Patrol, Investigations, and Crime Prevention Divisions. In addition, the Records Division is often the first contact the public has with the Police Department. It is through Records Division that citizens can request report copies, criminal history checks, statistics, etc., as well as the return of property which has been in the custody of Mount Vernon Police. It is also Records Division personnel who accept and process applications for, and issue concealed pistol licenses.

Fingerprinting services are currently by appointment only and can be scheduled on the Non-CPL Fingerprinting page, or call 360-336-6271 for an appointment.  Applications for Concealed Pistol Licenses can be submitted through the Concealed Pistol License page, or via mail to 1805 Continental Place, Mount Vernon, WA 98273, (if you are not using the links to apply, payment and identification must be submitted with your application).   

Please feel free to call should you have any questions or comments regarding Mount Vernon Police Department Records Division.


Please fill out a Service Quality Survey Form.

Accident Reports

To report an accident to WSP follow this link.

To request MVPD accident report for please follow this link.

Stolen Property

Please complete a citizen police report for property stolen or vandalism under $750 with no suspect information. Our Records Division will assign a case number and file the report.

Pet License

To register your pet, or license your dog / cat, please contact the Records Division Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Proof of rabies and spayed or neutered verification is required.

Unemployment Claim Fraud 

There are three ways to report this fraud:

To correct a credit rating, file a report with your local police or sheriff, obtain your case number, then go to the Federal Trade Commission and Report Identity Theft