- Doing Business
Mount Vernon Business Incentives
Incentives abound to locate your business in Mount Vernon.
- Mount Vernon has no Business and Occupation (B&O) Tax - Manufactures.
- Mount Vernon's combined sales tax rate is 8.7%; compared to Everett's 9.7% or Seattle's 10.1%
- Mount Vernon has a B&O credit for new employees in manufacturing and research and development and also has a rural county B&O tax credit for new employees-- Seattle (King County) and Tacoma (Pierce County) do not.
- Mount Vernon has lower industrial building lease rates and asking prices.
Mount Vernon has Affordable Living & Quality of Life
The median house value in Mount Vernon is $221,000.001 - this is less than half of the median price in Seattle ($537,800.002). With moderate year-round temperatures and an abundance of natural surroundings, Mount Vernon is an outdoor lover's paradise.
Skagit Valley Hospital has served as a healthcare leader providing advanced, quality health care to the community. The hospital continues to grow, add and enhance services and focus on meeting the healthcare needs of the people of this region.
Culture, Arts & Entertainment
There are more arts organizations in Skagit County per capita than any other area in Washington State. Music, museums, cinema, theater, restaurants, and outdoor activities all contribute to a standard of quality that makes Mount Vernon a great place to live.
- Business Incentives
- Downtown and Waterfront Area Master Plan
- Educational Excellence
- Fiber Infrastructure
1 U.S. Census, American FactFinder, Selected Housing Characteristics, Median Value, 2017 for Mount Vernon, City, Washington.
2 U.S. Census, American FactFinder, Selected Housing Characteristics, Median Value, 2017 for Seattle, City, Washington.