- Records Requests
Find Public Records
Looking for public records?
The City of Mount Vernon receives many requests for various records - some of which the city maintains while other government agencies maintain others. This page list the most commonly requested records with the appropriate contact information and links. Thank you for visiting mountvernonwa.gov.
The City of Mount Vernon has adopted the 2018 International Fire Code (IFC). The IFC establishes minimum requirements for fire prevention and fire protection systems using prescriptive and performance-related provisions. The IFC is a companion code to the International Codes (ICC) adopted by the City of Mount Vernon Development Services Department, establishing the construction requirements for all development in the City of Mount Vernon.
|2018 International Fire Code|
|Current Fire Prevention Fee Schedule|
|Mount Vernon Fire Department Municipal Code Amendments|
Incident Call Volumes
Dispatch records regarding the nature of calls are one of our most sought records requests. The Department tracks calls by generalizing types of Fire, Medical, Hazmat, and Fire Alarm Activation. The Fire Department is required to maintain records on Fire related calls back six years and Medical related calls back eight years.
2023 Incident Calls Data (YTD)
Ambulance / Medical Assistance
The release of medical records is governed by the Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and there are additional documentation requirements for Medical Records. We do not maintain records of itemized billing statements and will need to obtain these from our third-party billing company.
If you are requesting records and:
The patients 18 years of age or older, provide one of the following:
- The requestor is the patient and has an original or a copy of a photo ID.
- The requestor has notarized authorization and a copy of a photo ID of the patient.
- The requestor has a notarized power of attorney for the patient.
If the patient is under 18 years of age, one of the following is required:
- The requestor has an original or notarized copy of the patient's birth certificate.
- The requestor has an original or notarized copy showing Court appointed guardianship of the patient.
- The requestor has an original or notarized copy of the patient's birth certificate or Court appointed guardianship papers and a notarized letter stating that the parents or guardians allow the requestor to have the information.
If the patient is deceased, a copy of the death certificate must be included with the records request.
Above/Underground Storage Tank (UST) Records
Records of Mount Vernon Fire Department (MVFD) permits related to decommissioning of an underground storage tank (residential or commercial). Please note that MVFD records began in 2004. Records before 2004 do not exist.
|Decommissioned Above/Underground Storage Tanks (UST)|