Mount Vernon Library Commons Project
The Mount Vernon Library Commons project is a MULTI-use infrastructure project located in historic downtown Mount Vernon along Interstate 5.
Combining several community needs, this project is a catalyst for economic development in the Cascadia Innovation Corridor along the Interstate 5 corridor between Seattle and Vancouver, BC, and represents a $45 million investment in the local economy.
This project includes public library services, community center space, and structured parking with a public mega charging electric vehicle charging floor, park and ride, and transit stop.
As an equitable anchor institution of any modern city and region, the Library is well-positioned to extend its role as a critical community connector; offering a place for seniors to gather, an early learning hub, access to digital literacy, new business incubation, employee training, and the necessary tools that strengthen democracy by addressing knowledge gaps.
A public parking structure with a public mega electric vehicle charging floor, combined with other infrastructure, is a purposeful City investment and an efficient way to catalyze private development in historic downtown.
Links of Interest:
- MVLC Monthly Update - June 2021
- HKP Architects Presentation to City Council - 5/26/21
- HKP Architects Statement of Qualifications - 3/31/21
- Presentation to City Council - 3/3/21
- NEPA and SEPA Timeline
- Library Commons Racial Equity Impact Report - 2021
- Concept Development Report (OAC) - 4/17/19
- Library Conceptual Renderings
Note: Renderings are to illustrate building mass only and do not reflect architectural details of a design
- Community Design Brief: Discovering the Needs of Our Citizens - 2018
- City of Mount Vernon Downtown Development Strategy - 2017
- Library Needs Assessment and Feasibility Study (BERK Consulting & SHKS Architects) - 2014
- City by the River: Redevelopment Tools for Downtown Mount Vernon - 2013
- Downtown Mount Vernon Parking Garage Feasibility Study - 2008 Update
- ALTA / NSPS Land Title Survey
- Focused Environmental Investigation - 2018
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment - 2018
- South Kincaid Subarea Plan - 2018
- Transportation Concurrency Review - 2019
- Utility Locate Map