Special Event Insurance Information

Special event insurance is required for any event held inside City limits of Mount Vernon. Appropriate insurance coverage may be obtained through Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA) by answering a short list of questions regarding your event. Insurance requirements for special events will automatically be met through WCIA. Special event insurance may also be obtained through any other insurance agency you prefer as long as the same requirements are met. Those requirements are:

  • City of Mount Vernon must be named as additional insured
  • $1,000,000 minimum limit for each occurrence
  • $2,000,000 minimum limit for general aggregate
  • Liquor coverage must be included if the event includes any amount of any type of alcohol
  • All elements of the event must be covered by insurance (ie. bouncy house, vendors, entertainers, etc.)
  • Endorsement must be included with the certificate

WCIA does require that insurance be purchased on line with a major credit card. Insurance payments are to be made directly to the insurance agency. Insurance is not provided through the City of Mount Vernon.

To purchase insurance online, through the WCIA TULIP program, please see the directions in the left hand column on this page.

For questions, please contact Mount Vernon Parks and Recreation at (360) 336-6215.