** NOTICE OF PERMIT SOFTWARE UPGRADE **
The City of Mount Vernon has transitioned to a Cloud Based Permit Software System developed by SmartGov a subsidiary of Dude Solutions. The City has transitioned and has fully implemented all back office functionality and is actively in the process of implementing the front end Customer Experience.
Following is what Residents and the Development Community of Mount Vernon can expect during the 2nd and 3rd Quarter of 2019:
- Utilization of Development Services Kiosk to submit plans (see photo above)
- Electronic Submittal Process Implementation (click here for more information)
- Developer and Resident Permit Tracking Allowing Full Transparency
- BlueBeam Electronic Plan Review
- Portal Implementation = Online Permit Submittal
- Electronic Bill Pay Option for Convenience
- Reduction in the Use of Paper Applicants Have to Submit
If a developer or resident should encounter an emergent issue that requires immediate action, City Staff requests you coordinate directly with the Development Services Director:
Chris Phillips, Director
Under the leadership of Chris Phillips, the Development Services Department is structured to accommodate all aspects of development activity. We work with neighborhoods, businesses, and other public partners to enhance the economic prosperity, vitality and overall quality of life of our community. Click here for a department overview.
The Department is comprised of a Building Division, an Engineering Division, and a Planning Division. Follow this hyperlink to view the Department's overall Staff Contact List
- The Building Division is responsible for administering codes that regulate building construction and issuing associated permits. This responsibility includes inspections, code interpretations, plan review, and code enforcement. Click this hyperlink for Building Applications, Forms, and Handouts
- The Engineering Division is responsible for administering codes that regulate infrastructure design and installation and issuing associated permits; such as, sewers (sanitary and storm) and the earth disturbing activities that go hand-in-hand with infrastructure installation. Click this hyperlink for Engineering Applications, Forms, and Handouts
- The Planning Division processes both current and long-range projects and plans. Responsibilities include maintaining compliance with the Growth Management Act (GMA) Comprehensive Planning and related legislative issues as well as the day-to-day planning activities such as subdivision approvals, zoning compliance, SEPA processing, annexations, and critical area review and approval. Click this hyperlink for Planning Applications, Forms and Handouts
Vision & Mission Statement
The City of Mount Vernon's Development Services Department is dedicated to being the best. We work together to accomplish the goals of the whole community, and go the extra mile to educate, streamline processes, encourage solution-oriented decisions, and provide timely and predictable permit processing. We hold ourselves, and our applicants, responsible for developments that enhance the quality of life in our community.