Current statewide indoor mask mandate in effect. More information HERE
All people 5 years and older are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Click HERE for all up to date vaccine information for Skagit County.
For help getting vaccinated:
- Use the online Vaccine Locator to find an appointment.
- Call Skagit County's Vaccine Hotline at 360-416-1500
- Call the WA Department of Health Vaccine Hotline at 1-833-VAX-HELP (833-829-4357), then press #. Language assistance is available.
- Text your zip code to 438-829 (GET VAX) or 822-862 (VACUNA) for vaccine locations near you.
- In addition, Skagit County is operating a drive-thru COVID-19 antigen testing and vaccination site at the Skagit County Fairgrounds. Testing and vaccination are available only to those who live, work or go to school in Skagit County. Service is free; no insurance is required. No appointment is needed, except for pediatric vaccine (children ages 5-11). Click HERE for details.
Skagit County Public Health is your primary source of information for COVID-19. Please visit their website for the latest information. They can also be reached by calling 360-416-1500. Sign up for COVID-19 updates and news HERE
You may also contact the Washington State Department of Health at 1-800-525-0127, then press #. Phone lines are staffed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday and 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Language assistance is available.
REPORT BUSINESS VIOLATIONS HERE: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/report-violation
City of Mount Vernon Information by Department
***PLEASE NOTE THAT MASKS ARE REQUIRED IN ALL CITY BUILDINGS REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS***
Finance (360) 336-6207
- Utility bills may be paid in person, during normal City Hall business hours, or you may pay your utility bill online: https://ipn.paymentus.com/cp/cmv or by phone at 866-571-6963.
- Note - the City does not cancel garbage/sewer service. The City does not provide other utilities such as electric (Puget Sound Energy), natural gas (Cascade Natural Gas) or water (Skagit PUD).
Library (360) 336-6209
- The Mount Vernon Library is open to the public Monday - Friday, 10am to 6pm and Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
- The Library continues to offer curbside service Monday through Saturday, 10am to noon.
- Book drops are open. Please drop off all materials in the book drops, which are now located in the library parking lot.
- We encourage you to check out the library’s many online books and media and other resources, including e-books & e-audiobooks, streaming TV, movie and music services, and online learning.
- Please connect with the library on Facebook, subscribe to their newsletter, or check their website for the most current information on library services. If you have any questions, please leave a voicemail at (360) 336-6209 or send an email and someone will be in contact with you.
Development Services (360) 336-6214
- The Planning & Development permit counter is open from 8am to 5pm; and available by phone (above), or the online permit center
Parks and Recreation (360) 336-6215
- The Parks and Enrichment Services administrative office is open to the public, Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. Also available by phone (above), email: email@example.com or via the Parks website.
- Indoor rental facilities are closed through December 31, 2021, date is subject to change. Those include the Hillcrest Lodge and the Vaux Retreat Center at Bakerview Park.
- Public restrooms open, times are approximate:
- Bakerview Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 7:30pm
- Hillcrest Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 8:30pm (Lower park restrooms closed for winter)
- Lions Park: Open at 8am, Close at 6:30pm
- Riverwalk Park: Open at 8am, Close at 6pm
- Kiwanis Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 5pm
- Edgewater Park: Restroom closed for winter
- Playgrounds are open. Play it safe:
- Follow group size guidelines
- Wash and sanitize hands before and after use
- Use at your own risk, playgrounds are not sanitized
- Wear a face covering in public
- Stay home if you are sick
- Tennis Courts are open
- Pickleball Courts are open daily 8am to 9pm
- The Little Mountain Park gate will open at 10am and close at 9:30pm daily.
- North Edgewater Park gate closed for the season.
- Recreation programs are OPEN!! Make sure to like and follow our NEW FACEBOOK PAGE for upcoming recreation opportunities: https://www.facebook.com/mvparkswa/