Message from Mayor Jill Boudreau
Governor Inslee has announced a regional COVID-19 phased recovery plan. Details on the plan, "Healthy Washington - Roadmap to Recovery", can be found HERE.
Skagit County Public Health is leading vaccination efforts. Vaccinations will begin to be available based on guidelines of phased groups. View details on COVID-19 vaccine phases HERE.
In addition, Phase Finder (an online tool that allows individuals to assess their eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine) is available in multiple languages and can be used to provide eligibility confirmation on site. Find the Phase Finder tool at www.findyourphaseWA.org.
Skagit County Public Health has established a COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 360-416-1500. They are taking calls (in English or Spanish) every Monday - Saturday from 8am - 5pm. The Hotline is available to those who have general vaccine questions, and for those eligible individuals who need assistance scheduling a vaccine appointment at the Skagit County Fairgrounds clinic.
Click HERE for all up to date vaccine information for Skagit County.
Drive-thru testing s available to those who live or work in Skagit County at the Skagit County Fairgrounds South Gate Entrance, 501 Taylor Street. Hours are Tuesday and Friday, from 10am to 4pm. No appointment is necessary. Click HERE for further details. Note: The testing site at Skagit County Fairgrounds will close permanently after Friday, March 12, 2021.
Skagit County Public Health is your primary source of information for COVID-19. Please visit their website for the latest information. They can also be reached by calling 360-416-1500. Sign up for COVID-19 updates and news HERE
You may also contact the Washington State Department of Health at 1-800-525-0127, then press #. Phone lines are staffed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
We must continue our good work to save our health, save our businesses, and support our kids in schools. So please, WEAR A MASK, wash hands, social distance, and gather SMALL with immediate household members only.
PROTECTING our first responders, our health care system, and our local businesses is crucial
In Our City - Winter 2020
Please click HERE to read a special edition of "In Our City", updating you on City services during the pandemic.
Information on Face Coverings
Information from Governor’s Office
City of Mount Vernon Information by Department
***Phone numbers are provided - please call with any questions***
City Hall (360) 336-6211
- City Hall is currently closed to the public
Finance (360) 336-6207
- We are requesting that residents pay utility bills online: https://ipn.paymentus.com/cp/cmv or by phone at 866-571-6963. Late payment charges will be waived until further notice.
- Note - the City does not cancel garbage/sewer service. The City does not provide other utilities such as electric (Puget Sound Energy), natural gas (Cascade Natural Gas) or water (Skagit PUD).
Police (360) 336-6271
- Police Chief’s Message
- MVPD Response to Face Covering Directive
- To report a business recovery plan violation: Governor's Office ONLINE FORM
- To report violations regarding excessive gatherings of individuals: submit online CRIME TIP or call (360) 428-3211
- To report a non-emergency crime or if you need to speak with an officer call (360) 428-3211. To speak with Police Reception call (360) 336-6271.
- CLICK HERE for other specialized contact information.
- The Mount Vernon Police Department is limiting access to essential needs only.
- Fingerprinting services have been suspended.
- Volunteer program has been suspended
- Community Room reservations are suspended
Library (360) 336-6209
- The library building is currently open for curbside only. We anticipate being able to offer more services in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to the library website, newsletter and social media for updates.
- Book drops are open. Please drop off all materials in the book drops, which are now located in the library parking lot.
- The Library will be fine free until Phase 3.
- Curbside service is available. Please do not come to the library to pick up items until you receive a phone call from them. At that time, you will also receive instructions pertaining to curbside service procedures. Masks will be strongly encouraged. Requests for materials can be placed online or by phone at (360) 336-6209.
- We encourage you to check out the library’s many online books and media and other resources, including e-books & e-audiobooks, streaming TV, movie and music services, and online learning.
- Please connect with the library on Facebook, subscribe to their newsletter, or check their website for the most current information on library services. If you have any questions, please leave a voicemail at (360) 336-6209 or send an email and someone will be in contact with you.
Development Services (360) 336-6214
- The planning and development permit counter will be available by phone (above) and the online permit center
Parks and Recreation (360) 336-6215
- Kiwanis Spray Park is closed
- Tennis courts are open
- Pickleball courts are open daily 8am-8pm
- The Little Mountain Park gate will open at 10am and close at 10pm daily
- Bakerview Park gate will open at 8am and close at 8pm daily beginning 11/9/20
- Select public restrooms are open, hours are approximate and can change for cleaning:
- Bakerview Park 8am-6pm
- Hillcrest Park (Upper Restroom Only) 8am-7pm
- Lions Park 8am-8pm
- Riverwalk Park 8am-9pm
- Playgrounds are open. Let's all do our part to use them in a way that respects each other and public health guidance. Your cooperation is paramount in allowing these spaces to remain open and accessible:
- Follow group size guidelines
- Wash and sanitize hands before and after use
- Use at your own risk, playgrounds are not sanitized
- Wear a face covering
- Stay home if you are sick
- Bakerview Dog Park is open, only dog water fountain available
- Rental facilities are closed through March 31, 2021, date is subject to change
- All special events and department programs are cancelled through March 31, 2021, date is subject to change
- Administrative office remains closed to the public. Please conduct business by phone or via the Parks website when possible.
Public Works (360) 336-6204
- Garbage pickup remains on schedule. We ask that residents place all garbage in a city issued garbage can or additional personal can to help prevent direct contact between our crew and any extra garbage. Click HERE to see how you can help keep our solid waste workers safe.
- At this time, there is no impact to scheduled residential recycling collection service.
- Street Department remains fully staffed
- Wastewater Treatment Plant remains fully staffed
- Yard Waste facility remains open
Fire (360) 336-6277
- Community Room reservations are suspended
Municipal Court (360) 336-6205
- Mount Vernon Municipal Court is closed to the public but available by phone (above) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fines can be paid online or by calling (360) 588-6998
City Council Meetings
Due to current statewide restrictions that prevent City Council from meeting in person, Mount Vernon City Council meetings will be held virtually, using Zoom meeting software. The public may view these meetings live on the City's YouTube channel - a live link to each meeting is included on each meeting agenda.
In an effort to continue to allow public comment during this time that the state is prohibiting the public from physically attending a Council meeting; the Mayor and City Council invite you to send your comments directly to City Council by emailing them to: email@example.com. These comments will be read, live, at each Council meeting during the Community Comments agenda item.
Video Messages from Mayor Boudreau
Unemployment Claim Fraud
There are three ways to report this fraud:
- Employment Security Department Report Imposter Fraud
- Federal Trade Commission Report Identity Theft
- If you live in Mount Vernon file your report by completing a Citizen Report.
To correct a credit rating, file a report with your local police or sheriff, obtain your case number, then go to the Federal Trade Commission and Report Identity Theft