The Municipal Court is responsible for processing citations issued in violation of city ordinances and some state statutes by the Mount Vernon Police Department. The court sets cases for arraignment, hearing, trial, or probation revocation.
Trial by Mail for Infractions
If you have been charged with an infraction and wish to have a hearing please send your request by mail and make sure you mark the correct box, mitigation hearing or contested hearing. A notice will be mailed to you with a court date. To limit the amount of people coming to court there is a trial by mail form you may fill out and send in with your request. The judge will make a ruling and it will be mailed back to you. Please make sure the court has your correct address.
Request to Rescind no Contact Order
The Municipal Court has informational brochures available to the public on various topics: Explaining the procedures for a Traffic Infraction or Criminal case, Juror Information, and helpful hints to "get you through the process". Please stop by the court to obtain your copy at:
1805 Continental Pl.
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
We invite citizens to visit the court in session on any Tuesday. Cases are heard from 8:30 am until around 12:00 pm and then again at 3:00 pm until about 4:30 pm.
We welcome school classes and educators and am available to address the classes and answer questions, if you wish. We would like to request that the teacher or parent chaperone call the court to inform us of your visit and we will lay out the red carpet.
The Mission Of The Municipal Court
- Effectively and expeditiously perform case management
- Record and maintain all statistical and financial data for state reporting
- Remain the storehouse of information for criminal history and data dissemination
- Dispense justice while monitoring efficiency and cost to the public...
- Provide complete customer service to all
Interpreter Request Forms
- You may have the right to a court-appointed interpreter.
- ¿Necesita un intérprete de español que le asista en el tribunal?
- Do you need an interpreter