Governor Inslee has announced a COVID-19 phased recovery plan. Details on the plan, "Healthy Washington - Roadmap to Recovery", can be found HERE.
Click HERE for all up to date vaccine information for Skagit County.
All Washingtonians 12 years and older are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Those who are eligible can use the online Vaccine Locator to find an appointment.
You can also call Skagit County's Vaccine Hotline at 360-416-1500. The hotline is available to those who have general vaccine questions, and for those eligible individuals who need assistance scheduling a vaccine appointment at the Skagit County Fairgrounds Vaccine Clinic.
Those who have further questions or need help making an appointment can call the state's information hotline at 1-800-525-0127, then press #. Language assistance is available.
PLEASE NOTE Beginning Thursday, May 13, appointments will no longer be necessary on Thursdays at the Skagit County Fairgrounds Vaccine Clinic. Those 12 years and older are welcome to stop in at the Fairgrounds to receive their first dose vaccine any time between 1pm to 7pm.
Skagit County Public Health is your primary source of information for COVID-19. Please visit their website for the latest information. They can also be reached by calling 360-416-1500. Sign up for COVID-19 updates and news HERE
You may also contact the Washington State Department of Health at 1-800-525-0127, then press #. Phone lines are staffed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday and 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Language assistance is available.
PROTECTING our first responders, our health care system, and our local businesses is crucial
In Our City - Winter 2020
Please click HERE to read a special edition of "In Our City", updating you on City services during the pandemic.
Information from Governor’s Office
City of Mount Vernon Information by Department
***Phone numbers are provided - please call with any questions***
City Hall (360) 336-6211
- City Hall is currently closed to the public
Finance (360) 336-6207
- We are requesting that residents pay utility bills online: https://ipn.paymentus.com/cp/cmv or by phone at 866-571-6963. Late payment charges will be waived until further notice.
- Note - the City does not cancel garbage/sewer service. The City does not provide other utilities such as electric (Puget Sound Energy), natural gas (Cascade Natural Gas) or water (Skagit PUD).
Police (360) 336-6271
- To report a non-emergency crime or if you need to speak with an officer call (360) 428-3211. To speak with Police Reception call (360) 336-6271.
- CLICK HERE for other specialized contact information.
- The Mount Vernon Police Department is limiting access to essential needs only.
- Fingerprinting services have been suspended.
- Volunteer program has been suspended
- Community Room reservations are suspended
Library (360) 336-6209
- The library building is currently open for curbside only. We anticipate being able to offer more services in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to the library website, newsletter and social media for updates.
- Book drops are open. Please drop off all materials in the book drops, which are now located in the library parking lot.
- The Library will be fine free until Phase 3.
- Curbside service is available. Please do not come to the library to pick up items until you receive a phone call from them. At that time, you will also receive instructions pertaining to curbside service procedures. Masks will be strongly encouraged. Requests for materials can be placed online or by phone at (360) 336-6209.
- We encourage you to check out the library’s many online books and media and other resources, including e-books & e-audiobooks, streaming TV, movie and music services, and online learning.
- Please connect with the library on Facebook, subscribe to their newsletter, or check their website for the most current information on library services. If you have any questions, please leave a voicemail at (360) 336-6209 or send an email and someone will be in contact with you.
Development Services (360) 336-6214
- The planning and development permit counter will be available by phone (above) and the online permit center
Parks and Recreation (360) 336-6215
- Kiwanis Spray Park is closed
- Tennis courts are open
- Pickleball courts are open daily 8am-9pm
- Ballfields are open for reservations/rentals (Kiwanis, Bakerview & Sherman Anderson)
- The Little Mountain Park gate will open at 10am and close at 9:30pm daily
- Bakerview Park gate is open daily, 8am-9pm
- Bakerview Dog Park is open, only dog water fountain available
- Public restrooms open on a modified schedule, times are approximate:
- Bakerview Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 9pm
- Hillcrest Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 8:30pm
- Lions Park: Open at 8:30am, Close at 7:30pm
- Riverwalk Park: Open at 8am, Close at 7pm
- Kiwanis Park: Open at 7:30am, Close at 8pm
- Playgrounds are open. Let's all do our part to use them in a way that respects each other and public health guidance. Your cooperation is paramount in allowing these spaces to remain open and accessible:
- Follow group size guidelines
- Wash and sanitize hands before and after use
- Use at your own risk, playgrounds are not sanitized
- Wear a face covering
- Stay home if you are sick
- Indoor rental facilities (Vaux Retreat Center & Hillcrest Lodge) will remain closed through December 31, 2021
- Outdoor picnic shelters (Hillcrest Gazebo, Hillcrest Daylight Kitchen, Hillcrest North View Shelter, Hillcrest South Side Shelter, Lions Park Shelter) will be available for rent beginning June 1, 2021
- Special Event Applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis. All applications MUST include a COVID Safety Plan that clearly addresses all Healthy Washington Requirements related to the proposed event, copies of all guidelines from the Governor's Reopening Guidance page (https://www.governor.wa.gov/issues/issues/covid-19-resources/covid-19-reopening-guidance-businesses-and-workers) that relate to the proposed event and are referenced in the COVID Safety Plan, and an event layout map showing the location of all pertinent information; restrooms, entrance/exit points, sanitation stations, booths/stations, etc.
- Recreation programs are being planned!! Make sure to like and follow our NEW FACEBOOK PAGE for upcoming recreation opportunities: https://www.facebook.com/mvparkswa/
- The Parks and Enrichment Services administrative office is closed to the public. Please conduct business by phone at (360) 336-6215, email: email@example.com or via the Parks website when possible.
Public Works (360) 336-6204
- Garbage pickup remains on schedule. We ask that residents place all garbage in a city issued garbage can or additional personal can to help prevent direct contact between our crew and any extra garbage. Click HERE to see how you can help keep our solid waste workers safe.
- At this time, there is no impact to scheduled residential recycling collection service.
- Street Department remains fully staffed
- Wastewater Treatment Plant remains fully staffed
- Yard Waste facility remains open
Fire (360) 336-6277
- Community Room reservations are suspended
Municipal Court (360) 336-6205
- Mount Vernon Municipal Court is closed to the public but available by phone (above) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fines can be paid online or by calling (360) 588-6998
City Council Meetings
City Council resumed in-person meetings on March 24, 2021. The City intends to closely adhere to the State's guidance for public meetings.
Members of the public may continue to address City Council in writing, by submitting comments to email@example.com or mailing them to Mount Vernon City Hall, Attn: Mayor's Office, 910 Cleveland Avenue, Mount Vernon, WA 98273. All submissions received prior to 4pm on the day of a City Council Meeting (2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month) will be read by City staff during Community Comments, or for a Public Hearing.
A live television (TV10) and online (YouTube) feed of the meeting will continue to be available to the public:
- Comcast/Xfinity Channel 10
Unemployment Claim Fraud
There are three ways to report this fraud:
- Employment Security Department Report Imposter Fraud
- Federal Trade Commission Report Identity Theft
- If you live in Mount Vernon file your report by completing a Citizen Report.
To correct a credit rating, file a report with your local police or sheriff, obtain your case number, then go to the Federal Trade Commission and Report Identity Theft