Message from Mayor Jill Boudreau
We want all residents to know that we are taking our role in preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus seriously. We regret any inconvenience caused, but our citizens’ health and safety are our first priority. We will continue to do our best in delivering city services during this crisis.
The city administration will model best practices for social distancing, keeping staff and the public safe while we continue to provide essential services and keep our main facilities open.
Skagit County Public Health is your primary source of information for COVID-19. Please visit their website for the latest information. We refer all inquiries regarding the illness to our partners at the Skagit County Health Department. They can also be reached by calling 360-416-1500.
You may also contact the Washington State Department of Health at 1-800-525-0127, then press #. Phone lines are staffed from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
Our residents must heed the Governor’s orders to stay home when possible and social distance. PROTECTING our first responders and health care system is crucial.
Governor Inslee has issued several orders including the Stay Home-Stay Healthy proclamation, 20-25, prohibiting people from leaving their home or place of residence except to conduct or participate in (1) essential activities, and/or (2) employment in providing essential business services. If you have concerns and would like to report suspected violations of this order, please click here to be taken to the WA State Corona Virus Respons Page to fill out a complaint form.
City of Mount Vernon Information by Department
***Phone numbers are provided - please call with any questions***
City Hall (360) 336-6211
- City Hall is currently closed to the public
Finance (360) 336-6207
- We are requesting that residents pay utility bills online: https://ipn.paymentus.com/cp/cmv or by phone at 866-571-6963. Late payment charges will be waived until April 30, 2020.
- Note - the City does not cancel garbage/sewer service. The City does not provide other utilities such as electric (Puget Sound Energy), natural gas (Cascade Natural Gas) or water (Skagit PUD).
Development Services (360) 336-6214
- The planning and development permit counter will be available by phone (above) and the online permit center
Library (360) 336-6209
- Beginning Tuesday, March 24, the library building and book drops will be closed until further notice. If you have any questions, please leave a voicemail at (360) 336-6209 or send an email and someone will be in contact with you.
- Patrons may still place hold requests online which will become available once the library reopens. Digital checkouts are also available.
- All current checkouts have been renewed until April 30, and there are no accruing fines.
- We encourage you to check out the library’s many online books and media and other resources, including e-books & e-audiobooks, streaming TV, movie and music services, and online learning.
- Please connect with the library on Facebook, subscribe to their newsletter, or check their website for the most current information on library services.
Parks and Recreation (360) 336-6215
- Park fields and playgrounds are closed.
- Public restrooms are closed.
- The Parks and Enrichment Services administrative office is closed to the public. Please conduct business by phone or via the Parks website when possible.
- All special events, recreation programs, and rentals are cancelled for a period of 90 days. Reservations for events after June 15 will be taken, however all dates and time frames are subject to change.
Public Works (360) 336-6204
- Solid Waste: Garbage pickup remains on schedule. We ask that residents place all garbage in a city issued garbage can or additional personal can to help prevent direct contact between our crew and any extra garbage.
- Per Waste Management regarding recycling pickup: they are temporarily closing residential call centers and working to resume call handling as soon as possible. At this time, there is no impact to scheduled residential recycling collection service.
- Street Department remains fully staffed
- Wastewater Treatment Plant remains fully staffed
- Yard Waste facility remains open
- Spring Cleanup Days have been cancelled
Police (360) 336-6271
- Police Chief’s Message
- The Mount Vernon Police Department is limiting access to essential needs only.
- Fingerprinting and CPL application services have been suspended.
- Volunteer program has been suspended
- Community Room reservations are suspended
- To report a non-emergency crime or if you need to speak with an officer call (360) 428-3211. To speak with Police Reception call (360) 336-6271.
- Click here for other specialized contact information.
Fire (360) 336-6277
- Community Room reservations are suspended